When we started Black Sheep Farms, Kelly and I wanted to share our love of growing food and flowers with our community. After all, we were lucky enough to have family and friends who passed along their wisdom and advice to help us get started.
Many times, people ask us for tips about how to start gardens and where to buy seeds and plants. We are eager to reveal our favorite sources, but we understand that not everyone wants to buy a packet of 250 seeds for their backyard garden. So, this year, we are helping a little more by offering plants for sale.
The Black Sheep Farms plant sale is open on Saturdays, April 28th and May 5th from 12-5pm. The farm is located at 12808 N 192nd St, which is the NW corner of Hwy 36 and 192nd St.
Since we specialize in chemical-free, non-GMO, heirloom varieties for our farm, we have grown the same for you. We have started hundreds of vegetables, flowers, houseplants, and herbs, and we have transplanted fruit plants and bushes, too.
Some of the items we have include:
- eight tomato varieties, such as Cherokee Purple, Isis Candy, and Hawaiian Pineapple
- raspberries (red and blackcap)
- bushes and perennials, including curly willow, begonia, and liropie
- seven herbs, like lavender, lemon basil, and Thai basil
- King of the North bell peppers and sheepnose pimento
- ornamentals and houseplants, like jade plant, ferns, aloe, and purple heart